OK y’all. I want to share a little about my gratitude journey.
It’s been 35 days on my #gratitude365 journey, and what a ride it’s been so far.
I know there are many more days ahead, but I’m taking some advice and pausing to enjoy the process for a moment.
Here’s what I’ve learned on my gratitude journey so far:
- This shit is tough: It’s difficult to anything everyday for a year, and add finding gratitude to that list.The first week, I thought to myself, “this is cake!”, “I’ve got this!”. And then week 2 hit. And the walls flew up. Now here’s the cool thing. Week 3 came, and like someone had pressed a magic button, I was back in my groove. Finding gratitude was becoming easier and easier. No matter how big or small, I began to notice I was enjoying the little things in life, and guess what, I’m so grateful! And you know what that magic button was? It was my consistency! I owe it all to that.
- Sharing your gratitude with others is one of life’s biggest rewards: Sure, being thankful for things in your own life is great, but sharing your appreciation with others is AMAZING! Here’s the secret. Not only does sharing gratitude with others make the other person feel wonderful, it will make you feel wonderful too! How cool is that? Looking for a mood boost? Try telling a loved or friend something nice about them, or perhaps why you appreciate them. Want to take it a step further? Try a random act of kindness for a stranger. I bet they’ll pay it forward 🙂
- I have been reminded of so many wonderful memories: This ones special to me for a number of reasons. One of the things I’ve enjoyed most about this journey so far has been looking through old photos and being reminded of so many things I am thankful for and blessed to have in my life. It’s truly been special.
- Remember number 1. It’s getting easier: So yes, it WAS difficult at the start. My mind was racing for awhile, with so many ideas, until it wasn’t. Well, like with most things, the more I shared and reflected, the more I became aware of just how lucky I am to have so many wonderful things to be grateful for. And not just big things. But small things. Like the stranger I wrote about the other day who stops and waves at EVERY one who passes by. I honestly don’t think I would’ve given two you know what’s prior to this journey. I am grateful for this 🙂
- My excitement grows with each post: Not only is it getting easier to find gratitude, but my excitement to share my gratitude is growing as well. After I finish one post, I am already trying to hold back my excitement for the next post. It’s also becoming more difficult to choose what to post on. I like to this this is a GOOD problem to have 🙂
Want to challenge yourself? Take this journey with me and start your own gratitude challenge. Watch your mindset change as the days advance. It’s truly a wonderful experience. It can be 365 days, or something different. The choice is yours. That’s the beauty of it all, isn’t it?
Want to stay connected, follow me on Linked In, here for more of the journey.